Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

37

37


I never tire of the beautiful multiracial people of this country. When I was pregnant with my first son people would ask me what I thought he might look like. Would he have brown skin like his daddy or my fair colouring? Maybe he would get his grandfather's green eyes or perhaps my curly hair. What indeed? I suppose it is natural for every first time mom to dream about what her child might look like. I didn't. My son is a mix of Indian, French, Portuguese, Amerindian and African. There is no way in a million years I could imagine what all of that combined might look like. The mom of this little cutie may have had the same problem as he is also a multiracial kid. Incidentally I'm glad I didn't waste my time as never in a million years would I have guessed that my newborn son would look Chinese!



7 comments:

  1. I love multiracial people as well, not only because of how beautiful many become, but also because they are a symbol of how the world should be. We should be tolerant of others' ethnicities and just enjoy being with each other no matter the color of one's skin.

    With that said, I absolutely adore this photo. He is ADORABLE. That little pout he has going on is just killing me! Great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Seriously, I'm in awe of your photos and loving this project. Consider me a fan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I wish you were around to grab pics of my two quad-racial kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Memória you always bring a smile to my face with your lovely comments.

    Hannah welcome and thanks:-)

    Dee - well at the rate I am going I am sure I may just get a pic of all of you not just the kids - fingers crossed, fingers crossed

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a wonderful concept for a blog! i lived in trinidad for a year and i have to say it's an island full of beautiful people both physically and culturally. i'm glad you commented at my place to i could find you.

    and since you asked, there is now a "follow me gadget" at my place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Giselle I love this picture of Kellan, and all the others too :)

    The stories that accompany the pictures are so very real, just like the photos themselves. Absolutely beautiful - all of them.

    Good Luck with your 1000 faces!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this picture of Kellan, and all the others too.

    The stories that accompany the pictures are so very candid and real, just like the photos. Love it!
    Absolutely beautiful, each one in its own right.

    Good luck with your 1000 faces!

    ReplyDelete