Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

71

Melchezedek 6w 4h

Have you ever thought of changing your name? All my life my surname has been mispronounced and misspelled. As a child I was sometimes teased. I have close friends who to this day don't know how to write my name. You know who you are (I hope y'all feel guilty now that I've told the world how little you actually care for me!)

So you would think that I hate my name right? Well no, I actually love my name. I love it so much that I kept it even after I got married. It never once occurred to me to ever change it. I love the meaning of my name and its history I am connected because of my name. It has helped shape my identity.

At first glance you might think that Melchezedek is an ill-fitting name for a little boy. It is a Hebrew name that means "righteousness is my king." Yes it's a mouthful but there is such strength in the meaning, don't you think? I like to imagine that his parents carefully choose this name for him hoping that he would connect and identify with it's meaning. I certainly do hope that he lives up to the potential of such a powerful name.

So what about you? Do you like your name?

No comments:

Post a Comment