Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

103

steven3

Steven is the lucky guy who is married to Michelle (#33). He is the father of Luke (#35) and Scott (#36). Steven and his family very kindly agreed to be my guinea pigs and let me take some practice shots of them for a family portrait.

Right so I learned some very valuable lessons form that experience and I have way more respect now for wedding and family portrait photographers. Getting everyone looking at the camera together and smiling. Damn that shit is hard. Interestingly I found it to be less about technical ability and more about being able to manage and give direction to the group. Epic fail on my part but this is just one of those things that you have to go through the process ( and fail sometimes ) before you get better. Looking forward to applying what I learned on my next group shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment