Pages

Sunday, July 4, 2010

31

31 - a



31



I met Michelle’s husband Oliver for the first time 4 months ago in a Carnival fête. Olivier is French and his sister was with him visiting from Belgium.  She speaks French was how I was introduced to them by my friend. I can’t remember the name of Olivier’s sister but she said something to me in French. I promptly responded in English with the explanation that my French was very rusty and looked around frantically to kick my friend who had by this time wandered off. Thanks Jeffery!

Hopefully the Saga Boy mojitas made more of an impression on Olivier and his sister that night than my embarrassing efforts to dredge up a few  butchered French phrases from the deepest recesses of a slightly tipsy brain. I know Oliver certainly impressed me by the devoted way he spoke of his Trinidadian wife. Can you blame him?

2 comments:

  1. What happened to the second photo? The lady in the first photo is lovely. I love her features.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry - problem with the link. All fixed now I hope.

    ReplyDelete